Monday, November 15, 2010

Weekend Sports Wrap-Up

The Rensselaer Bombers won sectionals and headed to Bremen to play the Lions for regional championship on Friday night. Since it was so close, we decided to go.  Talk about a killer game! Wow.  Stress.

Ok this will be fun.
Morgan's recap of the game Friday night:
So they were tied, like, the entire game.  Bombers would run down and score and then the Lions would run down and score.  Back and forth, back and forth.  Then I had to empty my bladder so I extricated myself from the crowded shrieking bleachers and made my way for what seemed like miles to the school bathroom.  These screaming mimi high school girls were in the bathroom and when I walked in they all got quiet and kinda stared at my belly like, "Whoa, I hope that doesn't happen to me anytime soon."  Then I got some food and went back to the bleachers.  The score went up but they were still tied.  Andrew said the Bombers used a fleaflicker play and scored and then the Lions successfully completed a double fleaflicker shortly after that.  Sounded pretty cool.
Then in the final seconds of the game, the Bomber punter missed which sent them in to overtime.  In high school they take turns starting you on the 10 yard line.  Bombers went first.  It took only two plays (plus a penalty) to score.  My dad's friend's son scored the touchdown (which happened to be the winning touchdown) on his 18th birthday. Talk about a birthday present.
So what happened next after that touchdown?
Fourth down, four yards to go, ball was on the four (and that last 4 was a bonus from the 4th quarter).  Lucky number 4 for the Bombers.  They stopped 'em! The crowd erupted! The kids rushed the field (pausing to be respectful on the track until told they could go out and do the Bomber Jacks with the team).
Very very cool ending, indeed.
I switched to night mode on my camera which was dumb.  My pictures were all blurry.  But you get the idea.  Very exciting for the Rensselaer Bombers.  They travel to Fort Wayne on Saturday to play the Fort Wayne Bishop Luers (Turns out, they're pretty good. That was the first link when you Googled them).  Bombers played them last year in semi-state and were beaten.  This year, the Bombers will be back and ready to fight.  Hopefully they can pull out a win and go to STATE!!! ONE CITY, ONE TEAM, ONE GOAL!

(I bet the Bombers were ticked when they found out the Bears stole their phrase.)

So yeah, that was MY version of what happened in the game.  If you want to read what sportswriters have to say, then check Renssy's paper or the Journal and Courier for their articles.  Waaay less entertaining, I say. 

Let's transition to hockey, shall we?

Andrew had a hockey game on Sunday night.  It was fairly early so I decided to go.  I haven't been to a game in awhile since all the games are at 9:30 or 10 pm.

He gets better and better every game! I didn't see him fall down once! (He might have but I missed it if he did!)

Something else exciting happened in this game....
HE SCORED HIS SECOND GOAL!! YEAH!! I did not capture this one on video though.  Bummer.  I missed it too! I looked down at my stupid phone for a second and looked up and everyone was cheering.  Dang it. He said this goal was just like his last but he didn't fall down.  He just, as the saying goes, slipped one past the goalie.  Way to go Andrew!!!
If you want to watch the clip of the old one to relive old memories, then go HERE


Great game, Drewfus! (No, they didn't win, but Andrew scored a third of the points!)

Congrats to the Renssy Bombers and to Andrew on your exciting sports accomplishments this weekend!

1 comment:

Shiela said...

Congratulations Andrew! Good Luck at semi-state!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...