Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Surprise! It's a THIRD Shower!

Last week I hosted the managers' meeting in my office.  My boss told me to plan it and even though I'm the northern-most county, I didn't think anything of the fact that we were having the meeting in my office.  My boss said he'd like to keep me close to home instead of traveling an hour or more away since I'm so far along.  Made perfect sense to me.  All the while my employees were busy making other plans. 

All the managers met in the morning and then went to lunch.  When we got back from lunch, I walked into my office to find this.
A shower! I was completely taken aback! What a great surprise! I have no idea how they kept it from me. Little devils!

 The cake was so cute and wonderfully delicious.  It says, "Waiting on Baby 'T'".  Aww.

This picture is funny because it's of me opening the infamous Pack N Play.  I had been talking to my employees for weeks about this dang Pack N Play.  We saw that it had been purchased off the registry but we never got it.  So we assumed it was a mistake (we even checked with the store but they couldn't tell us who bought it) and we just bought one for ourselves.  Well my employees couldn't say anything because this whole shower was a surprise.  So they listened to me go on and on about this mysterious Pack N Play.  Boy, did I feel like an idiot when I opened that gift.  I guess it just never occurred to me that my employees bought it for me.  Whoops.

Since it was my shower, all the pictures are pretty much of me so I won't post that many.  Just the funny ones.  

This one looks like I'm saying, "Is there still cake left?" I think I actually was saying that.

This one is more like "Whoa, whoa, whoa, that last piece is MINE."

I had to post this one because this blanket was home-made by someone who retired from the agency last year.  She somehow put together all these super cute fabrics and it matches the nursery spot-on.  It's kind of amazing how that happened because I'm pretty sure she only knew the nursery was blue and brown.  It's just perfect! 

One of the only other pictures was of the other managers at the meeting (because the women were busy actually throwing the shower).
So yeah, my district of managers is ME and all these dudes.  I fit in well, huh?

The shower was marvelous.  I couldn't have been more surprised.  I can't believe I didn't catch on! Sometimes I forget how much of a family my workplace really is.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...