Monday, November 1, 2010

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Halloween is my favorite holiday but we only had plans to stay home and work on the house.  Boo!
I guess you could say it's our SCAAAARRRIIIEEESSSTTT Halloween yet... we're becoming PARENTS!! WOOOOOOO!!! Scary!! :)

So we (and by we, I mean Andrew) ripped up the carpet for the new carpet install next week.  Fun times were had by all (and by all, I mean no one).  Andrew cut himself and bled all over.  But that just adds to the love that we're putting into the house, right?

We're replacing carpet on the stairs and the hallway...

 The baby's room...
 and the guest room.
I gotta tell ya... the house smells 10 times better.  I mean, you can see a few dog stains here and there but just getting that stanky carpet out of our house is a HUGE improvement. (I feel bad for all the people that have had to stay in our house with that nasty smell.)  Thanks, former owners! Glad you could take the time to let your dog out once in awhile!!!! Oh wait, nope, you actually didn't.  Poor poor pup. :( 

Andrew got a little surprise when he tore up the carpet in the baby's room.  The baby's room just happens to be the room where the former owner's teenage daughter lived. 
She had hidden some notes underneath the carpet!! I wonder if she remembers leaving those there? Well anyway, now we have them and we know ALL HER SECRETS!! HAHA! We're gonna call her parents!! Just kidding. But these notes are hilarious. Typical teenage stuff.
I whited out a few things to protect the innocent.  But boy, do I remember being that age....
and I'm glad I don't have to go back! :)

So I know my brother Brandon has been waiting for this for months but I FINALLY broke out the Belly Painting Kit that he got me for my birthday back in August! Perfect for Halloween!  

I should have posed in MY picture like this muchacha.  What in the heck is she looking at? And how photoshopped is that picture? Wow. 
This picture is obviously not photoshopped.  Here is your Jack O'Lantern for Halloween! Andrew helped me on this one.  It's really hard to paint your own giant gut.

Stayed tuned for later in the week when I post my other painting masterpiece.
But for now, you'll just have to wait. HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!

Oh and by the way for trick or treaters this year, we had about 7 kids and a horse. Not joking about the horse.   

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...