Wednesday, November 3, 2010

35 Weeks: Batter Up!

Growing and growing...




Babycenter.com:
Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.
Alphamom.com:
Your Baby is over five pounds now, although these weight guesstimates will start getting very useless very quickly over the next few weeks. Since most of your baby’s organs are fully functional and major developmental milestones behind him or her, the next month is all about weight gain. And since “normal” weights for newborns these days can be anything between six and 10 pounds, it’s hard to predict how big YOUR baby will be from here on in.
You are the very picture of motherly grace and beauty. Also: waddling. Fatigue may be a big problem right now. You may need a daily nap, or find yourself crawling into bed by 9 pm. (I can barely make it to my toddler’s 8:30 bedtime most nights.) And while I’ve always seethed at people who love to cheerfully remind pregnant women to “Get some sleep! Once the baby’s here you won’t get any sleep!” I have to say…dude, get some sleep.


Group B Strep Test
At this week's appointment, I had the Group B streptococci test.  They do this to test for a certain kind of bacteria and they test for it by swabbing the area... DOWN THERE.  Ew.  It was also going to be my first appointment with a male OBGYN.  It doesn't help that almost every girl I've talked to who goes to the same practice said this guy was super hot.  Grrrrrrrreat.  So I'm nervous but I'm thinking to myself, "This won't be so bad.  No big deal.  He can't be THAT hot."  :) Luckily he wasn't.  He was just a nice-looking man.  No where NEAR as attractive as Drewfus.  So that's was good.  Not sure what all the fuss was about. 

But the ROOM! Oh, the room is what made this day interesting.  This room was different from the others we have been in.  This room had extra equipment and it was smaller.  It was full.  Because it was so full, there was only one place for a chair for Andrew to sit in.  Normally Andrew sits on one side by my head.  But this time...

Well I'll have to draw you a mental picture.......
Morgan on the exam table.  The stirrups form somewhat of a batter's box if you will (sorry for the unfortunate comparison).  The doctor, we'll just say, is the batter with his Swab.  Then there's Andrew... the poor, horribly uncomfortable catcher.  He was RIGHT THERE, FRONT ROW, and there was nowhere for him to go.  He could only look UP because there was no where else to look. 

Look, I'm not kidding.  Say, like, in a different world where babies SHOOT out of a mother's pelvis? Well Andrew could have easily caught the baby without moving.  SO UNCOMFORTABLE. 

Now I know, I know.  All modesty goes out the window when you have babies.  I'm prepared for that.  But it was such an unfortunate set up that all I could picture was the Baby T World Series.  AWKWARD!


Baby Thornburg
So I told you I would post more pics from Halloween.  Well, guess what Baby T was for Halloween?



THAT, my friends, was really hard to do! Obviously, it was done by looking in a mirror. :) But I did it all by myself! Can you believe that? But don't ask me to do that again.  It was exhausting!

Instructional Poster of the Week

1 comment:

bk said...

that whole having a baby thing.... there is no modesty allowed, ever. But hey, Mr. Bump looks awesome! I can't believe you did that yourself in a mirror! Fuck! Almost made it that time, next time for sure.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...