Wednesday, September 29, 2010

30 Weeks: Where have you been?

It's been TWO WEEKS since I last posted.  Whoops.  But we've been pretty busy lately and I haven't had a chance to update.  Well here's your update, folks, complete with a sadface. 

Don't worry, it's not about the pregnancy in any way.  I just happened to shatter the screen of my beloved phone right before I took this picture.   Boo to that bad news. 

But anyway, on to the 30 week update...

Babycenter.com:

Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and he weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds him, but that volume will decrease as he gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. His eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he's born, he'll keep his eyes closed for a good part of the day. When he does open them, he'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means he can only make out objects a few inches from his face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

 Alphamom.com:

Your Baby:
  • Weighs about three pounds and is 17 inches long. Since most full-term babies are between 20 and 22 inches long at 40 weeks’ gestation, your baby will pack on more pounds than inches in the 10 weeks or so.
  • Is starting to get a little crowded in there, but still has room to wiggle and roll and punch and kick.
  • Despite all the movement, it’s still damn near impossible to tell what position your baby is in for sure (head down, breech, transverse, etc.), but it’s also still too early to be worrying about it. MOST babies settle into a head-down position around 36 weeks, and some still manage to flip themselves around after that.
You:
  • May feel like you’re gestating a pissed-off housecat rather than a chubby wittle baby at this point, with some movement and kicks causing ACTUAL PHYSICAL PAIN. Some women experience kicks so sharp and unnerving they mistake them for uterine contractions, even if they’ve already been through pregnancy and labor and should really know better.
  • Some of these women may even write pregnancy guides on the Internet.

How have I been feeling?
I can't complain really.  Minor discomforts and frustrations.  (I really need a pedicure because I can't quite reach my feet. Plus I can't make it through an hour -okay, half hour- of ANYthing because my bladder is in charge.) But other than that, I'm feeling pretty good.
As for the mental side of things, I've known since the beginning that things in my life would never be the same but recently they've started to become clear exactly what some of those things are going to be.  It's sad to let that part of my life go but I have to imagine how cool life is going to be in the future.  

Pre-natal Yoga
This week's class was almost hard.  It was more like pilates.  Lots of planks, lunges, and squats.  It was a decent workout.  I hope we do that again in the future. 

Birthing Class
We started our birthing class last week.  The instructor is quite entertaining.  We watched a video of a birth this week.  That was.... fun.  But she's giving us lots of really good information.  There are about 10 couples in the class.  The couple that always sits by us... well, they suck.  The guy texts during the entire class (gonna be a great dad, I think) and then they fight when he's not texting.  This week they left early.  They must know everything already. :)  Hopefully we don't have to sit by them next week.  Ugh. 

Movements
I gotta say little Baby Burg's movements feel different now.  They definitely feel more like a little person moving around and less like bubbles.  It's pretty incredible. 

And finally your instructional pregnancy and baby guides for the week...


Good to know!

1 comment:

The Goldmans said...

Oh you are not suppose to put the baby in the fish tank or the dog cage...ooops!!!
Thanks for the tip, but its too late :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...