Wednesday, September 15, 2010

28 Weeks: Time Flies... Like a Chicken

Yep, Halloween is getting closer and Morgan is starting to get ready! I got out Brian's chicken costume for this shot.  He fled like Polanski when I got it out.  He does NOT like that thing.  He hates it so much he ate the hat that went with it.  Just ripped it to shreds.  So I drew a hat on him instead.

Anyway, let's talk about Baby T, shall we?

From Alphamom.com:

Your Baby:
  • Continues to get a longer and fatter by the day. Shocking, I know. His or her weight has actually doubled in the past month alone, which is why you’ve probably gotten comments about “popping” recently.
  • Weight is around 2.5 pounds right now, which (if you’re like me, gazing in horror and your inside-out belly button and spidery stretch marks) might sound a little frightening, since the baby clearly needs to gain a LOT MORE WEIGHT before he or she is fully cooked, and oh my God, how in the world is anything bigger going to fit in there?
You:
  • Are either feeling like this pregnancy will NEVER end, or that 12 more weeks is simply not nearly enough time to prepare. Or you might feel both ways, changing your mind one minute to the next.
  • Must move furniture and fold clothes and organize the linen closet and replace the bathroom vanity and finally get rid of that sooty stain on the marble fireplace and yes, DARLING, these are all essential tasks that MUST be completed before the baby gets here, DO NOT ARGUE WITH ME, NOW GO HANG UP SOME SHELVES.
From Pampers.com:

  • Your baby's organs are becoming refined enough for him to start testing them out. The lungs are dividing and are getting a workout (although he's not really breathing). His kidneys are regularly producing urine, which flows into the amniotic fluid. He also swallows this fluid and "breathes" it back in. This recycling helps his lungs, intestines, and kidneys practice their jobs of breathing, digestion, and elimination.
  • Your baby's eyes are busy these days. He can open and close them and look around. By 30 weeks he's well able to coordinate his eye and body movements. For example, he'll blink and then turn away if a very bright light shines on your abdomen.
  • Although your baby has soft hair on his head, it's probably darker than his final hair color will be, and he'll lose it a month or two after birth. He now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds and is between 14 and 15 inches long.
Prenatal Yoga

On Monday, I started my Prenatal Yoga class.  I like it so far.  It's very calming and good for clearing the mind of any pregnancy/baby worries.  Plus my sore back is not-so-sore anymore! That's the best benefit.  The instructor definitely pushes the natural birth and hiring a doula.  I'm listening.  I haven't known anyone (in the recent baby boom) who did either of those things recently so I'm interested to hear what she has to say. 

Hospital Tour

We went on a tour of the hospital this past weekend! We saw the entire floor and learned about the facility.  They had cupcakes and punch.  Plus there were vendors there giving away free stuff. Bonus! But the most memorable part of the day was when I went in to the restroom before the tour and there were 3 or 4 ladies in there looking in the toliet at one girl's lost mucus plug.  Yiiii-iiii-ikes.  Oh and by the way, DO NOT google that.
I graciously told her "Congrats!" and got the heck out of there before they made me look at it. 

Glucose Test

I had my Glucose Challenge Test last Friday.  Everything was fine until I got a call from my OBGYN's office.  "Ummm, did you want your test results faxed to a law firm's fax number?"
Exsqueeze me? A baking powder?  What is this all about?
The woman on the phone said that my results had been faxed to a law firm and they wanted to check to make sure this was right.  They said because my last name was Thornburg, I might have wanted them faxed to my husband who must be a lawyer in town.  WHAT?? Not AGAIN! This is the third time we have been confused with the law firm of Barnes & Thornburg!!! This law firm must sue the crap out of people because people are very careful when it comes to our last name.  It's crazy.  But as it turns out, it was a total mix up that I never fully understood.  The law firm shredded my documents and my test results turned out fine.  Yay! One less thing to worry about!

Now for the weekly instructional guide.  We have two this week.  One for pregnancy and one for baby.

I feel like I'm learning so much!

3 comments:

Shiela said...

Your new shirt looks cute! Congratulations on defeating the GLUCOSE CHALLENGE! You are a winner!

Unknown said...

time flies a foot off the ground and for about 10 feet?

Erin said...

Barnes & Thornburg is in Chicago to. It is the law firm SmithBucklin uses for all their clients, so I always get asked about it also!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...