Friday, August 6, 2010

22 Weeks: What I did on my Summer Vacation

 This picture was taken on Wednesday on vacation at 22 weeks.  I'm just a little late this week on posting but that Keiper Family Vacation was definitely worth it. 
 What? I'm getting photobombed in my own preggo shot??? Preposterous!

Babycenter.com:
At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn.  His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums.  His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment.  If you could see inside your womb, you would be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in.  Inside his belly, his pancreas - essential for the production of some important hormones - is developing steadily. 

There is definitely a lot of movement now.  But I still haven't been able to catch it so that Andrew can feel.  Mr. T (that's his nickname) was dancing up a storm this morning especially.  It was pretty funny.  
My belly is also growing by the day now, it seems.  I'm feeling really good, just anxious about everything we still need to do (find a daycare, register, sign up for birthing classes, set up a nursery, etc). 

I also broke down and finally bought some real maternity clothes.  My mom was making fun of how ridiculous I was starting to look.  I was trying to argue that I could still get my shorts buttoned but I had to pull my undies way up high to get them fastened.  Not a pretty look.  So now I have a few things I can wear so I don't look like this...
Nice!

2 comments:

Shiela said...

Okay. You have to post that picture to photobomb! What a lovely brotherly moment!

CyndiPurdueMom4 said...

I agree with Shiela! It is classic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...