Monday, July 26, 2010

Wedding Weekend Extravaganza

We had two (Count 'em, 2!) weddings this weekend.  It was such a bummer because we REALLY wanted to go to both weddings.  But I guess the positive side is that they were both in the same town so we were able to attend both instead of picking only one.  (That would have been awful.)

The first wedding's ceremony was at 3 pm.  It was Claire and Matt's wedding. 


The priest made sure to mention that he thought Italians cried a lot until he met this Irish family.  :)


But the tears only last for a short period before it was total jubilation for everyone involved, especially the gorgeous bride.  Look at how happy she is!!

Their photographer was a Photo Ninja.  (He called himself this.)  But he really was.  He would sneak all over the place and HI-YAH, awesome picture taken.  You never knew where he was but he was everywhere.  He did an excellent job. 

Claire and Matt went to Harry's Chocolate Shop after their wedding for professional pictures BEHIND THE BAR! No fair! How awesome is that? Their pictures turned out amazing. 

That's why he's the photo ninja and I'm.........

...NOT.  Travis accidently danced into my picture while I was trying to take it.  Oops.  But that's why the photo ninja got the big bucks and I have a blog read by 8.9 people a week. :)

The second wedding was at 6:30 pm.  It was Traci and Matt's wedding (hey, two Matts getting married the same day! Just realized that). 

Traci is a friend from college and her bridesmaids were all friends from college too.  Holly, Ashley and Bridget (or Briggie, as we like to say).  They really were happy for her as opposed to the looks on their faces at this point. :)

I LOVE this church where they got married.  It's St. Mary's downtown Lafayette.  It's so beautiful and the steps leading up to the church are so cool.  Hell for the girls in heels though. 

Another gorgeous bride!!!

Traci's reception was immediately following at the Holiday Inn Select so we had dinner there.  Mandy, Angela and Krissi were on one side of our table. 

Andrew, me, Maria and Mike were on the other side.  We had so much fun reliving old college memories, most of which I can't repeat here.  Andrew was impressed with our 118 Fowler Shenanigans. 

Speaking of, I asked Holly's mom if she knew (since both ceremonies were Catholic weddings) if I could take communion twice in one day (this is something I should know but I'm a bad Catholic).  She said, "Honey, if the stories are true, you need all the communion you can get."  BURN!


We ate dinner at Traci's wedding and then headed back over to Claire's reception which had started at the same time as Traci's ceremony.  We missed all the beginning stuff but we did not miss the Renegade dance.  You can see almost the entire Neal family doing the Renegade dance in this picture.

Annnnddd there's the other two.  Just couldn't fit them all into the picture. :)  This is a dance that Andrew started back in college and it became a phenomenon.  Now you might ask, "Where is Andrew in this picture?" Well apparently he wasn't drunk enough.  I didn't go out there either because I was STONE. COLD. SOBER.  It's a really hard dance to do when sober.  Your legs just won't twist in those directions.  :)

Another popular dance we usually get to see ONLY at the Indy 500, is "The Agitator."

  It is one of my favorite things so I was very happy to see it twice in one year.  He gets SO in to it! It's awesome! Star of the dance floor!

Here is Jen doing an Irish jig? I'm not really sure.  But then again, I didn't know what this was either! I guess just PURE AWESOMENESS.  Talk about a dance party reception.  Lots and lots of dancing going on. 

Andrew and I near the end of the night.  Again, did I mention I'm sober among some of the drunkest people I've been around in awhile??? :)

Case in point.

Just kidding! They were definitely middle of the pack for the amount of drunkeness I saw.  Very entertaining either way. :)

Here are the boys after the reception (Andrew, Jake, Aaron, and Travis).

I took a picture of this after the reception.  I yelled at Andrew to stop leaving his toenail clippings everywhere.  So gross. :)

Here's a picture of Mandy looking sweet next to a flower stuck into a straw which is stuck into a Budweiser can.  That's how classy Harry's is now.   Just kidding.  Not classy at all. 

Angela and I at Harry's.  I believe this was about 1:30 am.  Did I mention the sober thing? :) Haha!

Here are the 118 Fowler Girls at the table at Harry's.  I like Mandy's style.  Too bad Andrew cut her out of the picture. :(

The weddings were a huge success and we got to go to both even though we wished we could spend more time at each one.  Oh well, it all worked out fine and I got to shuttle everyone around which was nice (for them :). 


On Sunday, we got to play with Wyatt.  Just thought I'd add a little baby cuteness to the post.  Wyatt has a bike helmet for when he goes on rides with mom.  SO CUTE! He doesn't like it so much. 
But don't worry Wyatt.  You're new best friend is coming soon shortly after your first birthday!!  He'll be what makes all the soberness worthwhile!! Can't wait! :)

1 comment:

The Goldmans said...

Sober weddings are the best....NOT!!!!
ugh, no fun but you look fabulous :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...