Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Visiting Wyatt (and Katie and Travis too)

Travis and Katie brought Wyatt up to visit her parents this weekend.  Since it's a short drive away, we ran down to visit. 

I was glad we did because one of my favorite parts of July 4th is watching family and friends light off fireworks.  It never goes according to plan and the fireworks are usually disappointing but it's such a tradition.  It's so funny to me to watch men play with fire.  It's like they revert straight back to caveman days.  "FIRE, grunt grunt." "EEEEEIIII!! FIRE RUN!" That's usually how it goes.

I forgot my camera so my pictures didn't turn out so well using just my phone but you'll get the idea.
Notice the cavemen's matching T-shirts? Yep, we showed up and they had the same shirt on.  A little spooky.





















Annnndddd they sat there for awhile.  "UH FIREWORKS HARD! OOH OOH!"

"ARRGGH! FIRE RUN!!!!"  Looks like a small campfire.  I promise it was one of the fireworks though.

We lit sparklers which were fun and pretty.

Then it got dark so the fireworks were nearly impossible to capture in a picture.  This one looks like the flash of the beginning of an atomic bomb.  Yikes.

Wyatt enjoyed the fireworks.  I think it energized him because he stayed up to play. 
Check out the following cuteness overload...

 Playing with diapers...

Playing with diapers and laughing at the adults for buying toys when a package of diapers would work just fine.

 One last smile before bedtime.  Aww! Look at those monkey PJ's!! So cute!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...