Monday, May 24, 2010

Traci's Indiana Bachelorette Party

This weekend, I drove down to Lafayette for a semi-impromptu girls weekend.  We met at Traci's house and she and her fiance Matt took us out on their boat on Raccoon Lake.  In the morning we were a little worried about the weather since it was cloudy and rainy but it cleared up by 1 o'clock and from then on, it was a beautiful day.  I mean B-E-A-UTIFUL.  GORG! Loved it.

Here we are on the boat on that beautiful day.  Good thing Matt was there to take our picture! What would we have done??? :)

Amanda and Maria decided to brave the water which was as cold as a cast iron commode (better than as cold as a well digger's ass, right?).  Anyway, it took some adjusting as you can tell from the picture to situate themselves on the tube. 

VICTORY! They were knocked off.  They said the water wasn't that cold.  I stuck my hand in and I would beg to differ.  But they had quite the amazing time, it seemed. 


Traci and Mandy went next.  I didn't bring my camera this weekend so I only had my iPhone to take pictures.  If I would have had my camera, I could have zoomed in on the spectacle that was Mandy and Traci on a tube.  Mandy and Traci started on the tube each have equal halves.  After about 5 minutes, Mandy was taking up the whole middle and Traci was hanging off of the back of the tube and we couldn't even see her from the boat.  So can you guess what happened next?


That's correct.  Mandy was king of the tube, remaining on, while Traci...

...got bumped off and was left in the water. Awww. :(  Poor thing. 

Here I am, driving the boat through the parking lot.  (Beauty queen wave: elbow, elbow, wrist, wrist)

This picture was taken at 8:00 pm when we finally left the lake.  It was gorgeous all day! Awesome!

Later on that night we went to our ol' stomping grounds- the West LaLa bar scene.  Actually we started at Red Seven which is an interesting little bar/restaurant.  Then we moved on to the campus bars.  On the way, we passed what used to be one of our most frequented bars, Wabash Yacht Club, or Stacks. 
This is what Stacks looks like now...

That's a Five Guys.  Just a liiiiiiiittttllleee different, huh? From Turbo Long Islands and Blotto Green Dragons, a dark musty dirty bar... to burgers and fries in a squeaky clean white tiled environment.  WHAT?

We then stopped by Jake's for a free hot dog.  Yum.  (Maria is imitating Holly here.  I believe the impression goes a little something like this in a high pitched voice, "AAAH-HA-HA-HA!! I'M EATING A HOT DOG! AAH HA HA!"  We could make fun of her because she wasn't there. Sorry, Holly! Redeem yourself two weeks from now!)


We went to Harry's for a nightcap.  Being sober at Harry's is quite an interesting experience.  Something that I think I can say I don't think I've ever done before.  I can't believe I drank the water in that place.  Sick.  It was probably just a bar towel squeezed out over ice.  Nasty. 


We snapped a quick pic in front of Von's.  Such a fun night!  Two weeks from now we get to do it all over again for Traci's actual bachelorette party with ALL the girls from college.  Can't wait!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Oh Stacks....smh

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...