Monday, May 10, 2010

Holy crap.


Yes, we've been holding onto this news for a little bit. 
Here are our Initial Thoughts and some random notes I took while we were waiting to tell:

Are you serious?? Are you kidding me??

Ok what do we do now?

We can't tell anyone?? I wanna tell people so baaaaddd.

Can we at least tell our parents?
How are we going to convince my parents to come see us from Renssy without it seeming suspicious?

What are we doing to do about Vegas? Costa Rica? Bachelorette parties? Regular parties? How are you going to hide it when people come over next weekend? I'll make your drinks.  We'll substitute applejuice!

When I called the doctor, they wanted me to come in 3 weeks later.  But what can and can't I do? So I start doing research.  Turns out I can't drink or do tons of illicit drugs while pregnant.  WHAT? When did this happen?  Just kidding.  But I did find a big Q&A section online.  Someone actually asked, "Can I get a belly button ring while pregnant?"  WHY would you want to do that? Sexy preggo belly with a PIERCING? Mmm-hmm!!

I talk to Andrew on the phone while he's away for work. He tells me that "You two" better get to sleep.  I say, "Brian's already asleep.... oh you meant... oh.. um ... yeah, WE'd better."  That hit me like a ton of bricks.  There's a little T-burg growing in there.

I'm SOOO tired.  It takes all the strength in my body to move the mouse for my computer at work.  Not cool. Oh and this "light nausea" is a real pain in my ass.  But I have to say, I'm very lucky that it's only *light* nausea.  It could be so much worse. 

At a work thing, a guy tells Andrew that his wife is pregnant and due the first week in December.  Andrew says, "Oh so then she's *just* pregnant? Like 6 weeks?"  "Yeah, how'd you do the math so fast?" "Uhhh, I'm just good at math."  HA!

Andrew and I have both been using this as an excuse.  "Andrew, will you take Brian out? I'm busy multiplying cells over here." 
"Morgan, I think we should buy an iPad."
"What? Why?" 
"For the baaabyyy!!"

Recently, I watched Tina Fey on SNL.  She was in a skit about being a 9 inch tall hooker with a heart of gold.  I definitely cried.  Wow.  This is not good.

I called my brother Adam and told him the news.  After talking for a few minutes he says, "So you've got a bun in the oven.... Well I also have something in the oven.... chicken strips."  I laughed for about 5 minutes.


So back to TODAY:
Today we went to the doctor for the 10 week check up.  They were going to listen for the heartbeat.  The first machine they tried to listen and we heard nothing.  Silent Freak Out Time.  I shouldn't say we heard "nothing" because we heard what sounded like a wind tunnel.  Plus the doppler thing looked like an old ham radio.


I expected to hear a repeating distress message in French (that's a joke for all the Losties out there). 
Anyway, she tried twice with no luck.  Not cool.  She said, "Well we're not going to leave without letting you know your baby is okay."  So she takes us to the ultrasound room.  She "performs the ultrasound" and BOOM Baby.  Both Andrew and I stare at the screen in awe.  It was incredible.  That is our kid.  He or she is RIGHT THERE! WHAT? You could see the teeniest little fluttering in the chest area.  She said that was the kiddo's heart.  The heartbeat is 174 beats per minutes.  Pump that blood, Baby T!!!

Seriously, technology is amazing.  There's just something about seeing the vital signs that makes it incredibly, amazingly real.


Do you think Baby T is smiling for his/her first picture?

3 comments:

Shiela said...

Wow. I can't believe how much the baby looks like Andrew. It's so exciting!!! And it's kind of strange that there are your insides, right there on the Internet! That's your womb! Coolness.

Unknown said...

I have to say, I am very VERY disappointed that there was no attempt at ms paint for the ultrasound picture. I feel an opportunity was missed.

The Goldmans said...

I've been meaning to email you and not post a comment but alas you get a comment...
CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS! i am so excited for you guys, how are you feeling? I know everyone asks that so feel free to blow off that question, it gets old :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...