Friday, April 16, 2010

That sucks.

Those two words are all I've heard from people the past two days. Why, you ask? The picture will help explain.





I drove down to Indy with my two co-workers for a convention for our work association. We arrived at 10 am and went inside. At the break at 11 (yes, just an hour later) I went back out to my car because I forgot to take out my Garmin and I discovered my broken window. Sweet. I wasn't even in a bad part of Indy. WTH? Broad daylight? Are you kidding me?
So what did these awesome criminals take? My two co-workers suitcases. They left my suitcase and my Garmin in the car. Seriously? What's that all about?? Did they not want my suitcase because it was dirty and covered in dog hair?? Maybe. Or did they just run out of time and my suitcase happened to be on the bottom? Who knows? They broke into 3 other cars in the parking lot, not just mine. So I called 911 and they said they would send someone out. We waited for an hour and a half and no one showed up. Finally 911 called me back. (What?) They ended up taking our police reports over the phone because they couldn't get anyone out to see us for a couple more HOURS. Awful.

By that time I had called a Chevy dealership to get a quote on how much this was going to cost to fix (since I didn't want to drive 3 hours back to South Bend with rain coming in my open window). They quoted me at $535!! Gross!! Then I called Safelight Autoglass. They were awesome!! Only $177 and I was fixed in a couple hours. Phew! But my poor coworkers each lost over $1000 worth of stuff in their suitcases.

Say it with me now, "THAT SUCKS!"


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Unknown said...

suckalation, car vandalation, suitcase stealilation! oooooh-weee! Waht's up with that! What's up with that! Bummer.

Shiela said...

That sucks. I'm sorry. That really sucks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...