Monday, April 26, 2010

Quick Trip to Chicago

We planned a quick trip to Chicago this weekend to meet up with Erin and Doug for brunch.  We went to the Grand Lux Cafe which is downtown and DELISH.  I had the fresh garden omelette and it was absolutely amazing.
I wasn't thinking like a blogger at the time so I didn't have the waitress take a picture.  But I can work one up in Paint really quick.

This just might be my masterpiece!!
Seriously, that's exactly what it looked like.  HAHA!! Might want to click on the picture to see the artistry and the attention to detail on the food.  Grand Lux should have me design their menu pictures!! I crack myself up, I tell ya.  Look at my plate.  It looks like a school bus with red wheels! That's supposed to be an omelette and tomatoes.  HAHA, I'm awesome at drawing.
Come and do draw-wwwwings with me.



Anyway, it was a beautiful day in Chicago.

It rained almost the whole time.  We were soaked walking down Michigan Avenue but it was still fun.  I had never been to an Apple Store so that was exciting.  We also visited Niketown so Andrew could look at jackets.  He didn't bring one so he was freezing. While we were there, we saw all the athletes Nike sponsors including good ol' Tiger:



I have to give credit to Erin on that one.  That was definitely her joke. Hilarious!  (So just to clarify, NO, Tiger's picture does not actually have a text balloon at Niketown. Those were my Magical Paint skills at it again.)



4 comments:

The Goldmans said...

Morg, I am obsessed with your paint skills, I like to check back each day to see if there are anymore masterpieces. Seriously I love them!

Shiela said...

OMG The Grand Luxe is the best. We eat there every time we go to Chicago. If you ever go for dinner, you have to get the dessert with the cookies and ice cream. You have to order it when you order your meal because they make the cookies right then. It is fabulous. I can't remember exactly, but like chocolate almond cookies and marshmallow sauce and ice cream. Crap Dangit!

CyndiPurdueMom4 said...

The LUX....one of my favorites for LOTS of reasons....the cookies spring to mind!

CyndiPurdueMom4 said...

P.S. How do they attract those clouds to the top of the buildings in Chicago? That must have taken some thought and a lot of work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...