Tuesday, April 6, 2010

It's going to be a Wonderful Day

"It's going to be a wonderful day" has been my motto lately to say in the morning in the hopes of it actually happening.  It doesn't always make my day wonderful but at least it makes me laugh in how ridiculously positive it sounds.  It also makes me laugh when things go wrong on my "wonderful day".

So let's talk about Andrew's wonderful Monday.  (He really needed this motto that day.)  He wakes up to find a wet kitchen floor.  He looks up and spots THIS.


 


What you see here is the ceiling caving in.  Awesome.  It was shoddy patchwork done by the previous owners in the first place.  But the fact that it's mushy and about to disintegrate? NOT GOOD.  We've got a leak in our master bath.  GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN! 

Then Andrew went to the dentist. You know how that story usually goes.  Definitely not a fairy tale ending.

So not a great day.

We called a plumber and he came the very next day (ok, today is going to be a wonderful day!).


He was able to cut through our ceiling with a spork.  I'm not kidding.  It crumbled like bleu cheese.  It was raining drywall all over the kitchen floor. Crazy.  But they figured out it was a drain problem and not a pipe problem.  PHEW!  They replaced the drain as you can tell below:


Yeah, I can't tell either.  We only have a little bit of mold so we have to wait a week before we can patch (who are we kidding? I mean pay someone else to patch) the drywall and then we'll be all set. 


 Ewwww mold!!

Quick side note:  The plumbers had to leave during the repair to go get a new drain because they did not have one on them.  I continued working on the computer while they were gone.  About 15 minutes pass and there's a knock at the door and COMPLETE AND TOTAL SILENCE.  That's odd, I think.  Normally Brian shrieks and attacks the door like the doorbell personally violated him. I go to answer the door and it's the plumbers.  They've returned.  I also discovered that our neighbor's son is at our door.  He said, "Umm... do you know your dog is loose? Should I go catch him?"  WHAT? Oh crap.  So I follow neighbor boy and we go looking for the dog.  I say to him, "How could he have gotten loose? That's so weird."  Right then, we pass by the back door which is gaping wide open.  Aw NUTS!
Brian ran over to what we call "The Compound" (a multi-million dollar house that sits on probably 100 acres) and was running around on their basketball court, by their fountain, around their landscaping.  That was one of those moments where I wish I had mind control over Brian, "DO NOT POOP! DO NOT POOP!"  The people that live there have sued people in the neighborhood for various reason and they scare me for that very reason.  So neighbor boy (his family has been sued) and I run up and grab Brian and try to get OFF their property as soon as possible.  Not very possible since we had to walk quite a long distance.  As we're trying to get away, the wife pulls through their gated driveway.  ARGH BUSTED! She slows down by us and I profusely apologize and explain how my dog got loose and apologize some more. She says, "Mmm-hmmm" and DRIVES AWAY.  They are AWFUL! Whatever. Just as long as they don't sue us! :)



So, really, after all that... it ended up being a "wonderful day", didn't it?  Hear me laughing?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WTF, whose god did you piss off? I tellin ya dogs should be implanted with those vehicle disabling things the police use to stop cars. One click of a button and boom down they go.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...