Monday, January 11, 2010

Photobombing is Fine Art

I meant to do this post a (Capital L) Long time ago but I never got around to it because my aunt took awhile to edit and send me her pictures.  Then once I got them I forgot for another few months until today.

Well today is the day.

So the subject of today's post is Photobombing.  What is photobombing, you ask?
1. photobomb
December 5, 2009 Urban Word of the Day
(verb)- to drop in a photo unexpectedly...to hop in a picture right before it is taken.
sarah: hey why is jimmy in the background of our prom picture?
ryan: idk, he must have photobombed it at the last second.
 When we went to Disney we tried to master this skill.  We failed.  Miserably.  You see, normally the bombed photo ends up in the camera of the bomb-ee, not the bomb-er.  So you don't usually get to see the finished product. You just have to hope it ends up on this website.  But in this case, we took our own.  You will see the not-quite-website-worthy results... (but still funny of course).


 This is the Chip and Dale bomb.  This could have been better had I waited for them to pose but I get really nervous with these bombing situations! (This picture was taken due to Brandon's love of the Moth Podcast about Dale.  He told my mom, my aunt and me to listen to this podcast before we left.  None of us did. Had I heard it, I might have posed differently. If you haven't heard it, you need to listen. NSFW due to cusswords.)




Photobombing Alice in Wonderland. So we've got the pose but now we don't have the right angle.  Getting better.

















Belle bomb! Again, did not wait for the pose.  But the little girl was taking too long! Had to give the thumbs up and get outta there!












So our attempts were futile but we did have some success getting photobombed by Disney characters!



Check it out! We're getting photobombed by NEMO!!

What a little clown.... fish.


















Here's Grandma getting photobombed by a Lego Dragon. He got ya, Grandma. 















SERVED by Disney.  Oh well.  What can ya do?

Well you can go see Kool and the Gang.  Yes, that's right.  We saw Kool and the Gang perform at Epcot.  Are you kidding me?? Awesome. 















No photobombing Kool and the Gang.  You just don't do that. 











Now for a couple of my favorite photobombs from This is Photobomb.

 

This is by far my favorite for obvious reasons.


















This needs no explanation. Photobombtastic!

















A+ for prop use!










Okay last one. I promise.



















So now that's my goal.  Next time I go somewhere I hope to bring home some photobombed pictures to show how I've improved.  We shall see!!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

man o man you have got this web 2.0 thing licked! Great post.

Shiela said...

It took me a while to send you these pictures because you can't rush perfection. Ha, Grandma! You were totally got by that dragon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...