Monday, December 28, 2009

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

It was a White Christmas this year, that's for sure.  The snow was lovely but the ice was not.  But hey, it's still better than the county emergency from last year which took us 7 hours to get to Rensselaer.  Can't complain!

Anyway, we had our Christmases last week.  They were stupendous. Great gifts, great food, great family time. We had ourselves a merry little Christmas.
So let's get to the fun pictures and videos (yes, videos this post! So exciting!).
This is Andrew cutting up the ham.  I started to cut up the ham but then everyone looked at me and said, Do you know what you're doing? I admitted that I did not.  So Andrew took over. (Brian waits patiently.)



















There's something about men and cutting meat, huh?

Moving on, I took ONE picture of the Thornburg Christmas at our house.  SO SAD! But I did get one of Brian in his new Christmas PJs. 














HA! I shouldn't torture my dog like that!


At the Keiper Christmas, we got to see the Injured Brother close up.  EWWWWW!!! Poor guy! He had surgery on his collarbone.  He had broken it in 5 places, not 4.  It was not only broken and shifted but twisted too.  So now he has 16 staples and some major metal going on inside there.  I do realize that you cannot really see the wound here but he is in a tank top.  I had to get a picture of THAT.  The wound looks good.  You can see a little bruising but it's healing really well.  He should be back to sandboarding, or skatewaking, or whatever it is he does, in no time.




The next fun Christmas Activity is called Let's Play With The Stuff That They Gave Adam at the Hospital.
I cannot tell you what this device is called but it's something you suck the air from so the doctors can tell if you have any liquid in your lungs.  Everyone had to try it. The pictures below are Christina and Josh trying.  (Boy, if there's one way to spread H1N1, I think this is it!)




























What else did we do? Well the next game was Try On Mom's New Hat. This game is pretty self-explanatory.




































In Soviet Russia, Vodka drinks you!

By the way, this link is in case you wanted to imitate a Russian accent.  We were having a little trouble.  

Next on the list, we opened gifts.  Mom got a calendar.  We thought it would be funny to make fun of how mom and dad would look at this calendar. Yes, those are mom's glasses.






Mom looks at calendar













Dad looks at calendar







We're so mean.

By the way, did you know there is an I Can't Believe It's Not Butter channel? My parents found this in their cable listings.














This is channel that plays a song called "Turn the Tub Around" to the beat of "Turn the Beat Around" by Gloria Estefan all day long.  You can press select and sing Karaoke with Megan Mullally.
Jack McFarland would be sorely disappointed.

Back to the gifts... I got awesome gifts this year.  People are so thoughtful!
Here's an example of one gift.



















*CORRECTION: My mom got me lenses for my iPhone.  They are awesome.  This is the fly eye lens.  I will be having some fun with these!!

And now it's time for the videos...
Lilli discovered she could do this when Grandpa Mike showed her how at Don Pablos during the summer. 


Isabel is always wanting me to tape her dancing.  There is never any music so I added some.  This is the kind of music I picture going on inside her head. (Sorry it's sideways.)


So Christmas was fantastic.  I already miss it! To convey my thoughts on the subject, here is a SNL clip.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...