Tuesday, October 20, 2009

This Blog is kind of becoming my Designer's Portfolio...

There were other transformations with the house that I haven't posted yet.  So I'll get to that RIGHT NOW!
There was something missing about our half bath.  It just wasn't working.  This is what it looked like originally.





















We decided we wouldn't leave any original color in the house so we just HAD to paint it.  So then it looked like this.






But we still didn't like it.  There was just something about it that was missing.  So I asked my dad if he would help us do some wainscoting and he agreed! (What was he thinking????? :)




 

The faucet is definitely the coolest part.  THANKS DAD!!! You're the BEST!! 

Dad also helped us put in another new sink. This was the sink that was in our kitchen originally...





SICK!!!

This is the sink my dad helped us install...






CLASSY!!! :)



This was how our guest bath used to look...

















BORING!


 This is the update!

















CUTE!


This is the grungy old laundry room.

















My mom went in for the attack and.....





















TA-DA! Pleasing to the eye again!

Those are the most recent updates.  Hopefully we'll have lots more soon (especially after this weekend).

1 comment:

Shiela said...

I think the wainscoting really did the trick. I think it was a little yellow before, but with the wainscoting it is the perfect amount of yellow. And the yellow and white look so clean together. I can't tell what kind of knobs you have on the white vanity in your guest bath, so I don't know if they are wonderful or not. If they aren't so wonderful, you'd be surprised what just changing the knobs on the vanity can do. You could even go with handles instead of knobs if you wanted to get super wild. There are lots of great knobs available at home stores, hobby lobby, and on the intertubes (hey, I don't mean those kinds of knobs!).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...